A while back I was playing on a friends build server. During that time, I started building a village of sorts. However, that village has since been lost, but luckily I took pictures of it. Using those pictures, combined with 1.8s creative mode, I've started building a new village in single player.
The village currently contains:
- Cathedral (which should be noted that I did not design it, simply recreated it)
- Tavern and inn
- Logging camp
- Mine, complete with smelter building, tool shed, and storage
- Forge (or blacksmith if you prefer)
- Farm complete with barn, house, and a field
- 1 House (so far)
- 2 Houses with shops underneath
- Gazebo near a lake
All the buildings are connected with cobblestone paths, and most of the paths are lit. The village will eventually be surrounded by a forest, but before that, I must finish building it. My village is also connected to one of the 1.8 villages.
See more pictures on the Minecraft forums.[link]